- Networking: Meet with the experts of the marine robotics world from academia, industry and government sectors from around the globe. Strong student representation is expected. The single-track conference will bring the community together - we believe that bringing everyone together under a single roof is the right way to start discussions that will take the leading edge of technology forward. Additional networking sessions and socials are planned to facilitate fun and engaging discussions to brainstorm ideas for marine robotics of the future.
- Singapore AUV Challenge: Catch budding student roboticists in action, as they involve in a fierce challenge with their vehicles in a pool, while learning marine robotics hands-on. Over 50 student teams have submitted their interest to participate and we have shortlisted about 35 teams to attend the competition.
- Possibility to extend to IEEE JOE journal paper: Abstracts/papers accepted and presented at AUV Symposium will be allowed to extend these into full journal papers and submit to an upcoming AUV 2022 special issue of the reputed IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. More details here.
- Marine robotics awards: Be part of the moment as we honour marine robotics researchers with the Mid-career Rising Star award and the Lifetime achievement award (details here).
- Exciting site-visits: Attendees will have the opportunity to be part of a site visit to the next-generation TCOMS Ocean Basin facility (details here).
- Plenaries: from exciting speakers on a range of topics. (details here).
- Student travel grant: Students can try to avail a travel grant to facilitate their travel to the conference.
- Explore Singapore: The little Red dot, a gateway to Asia famous for tourism, a melting-pot of Asian culture with a rich food culture, greenery and marvellous architecture. Singapore is amongst the safest, most modernised cities in the world. It is also one of the most vaccinated and boosted countries in the world, and remains one of the safest travel destinations during this period. COVID-19 rules in Singapore have been eased to DORSCON Yellow status, and travel from most countries is now easy. Check out the Singapore Tourism website for more info.
Think you know Singapore ? Try again.
Rediscover SingaporeExplore more on Singapore here.
AUV Symposium Awards & Recognition
We are honoring marine robotics researchers around the world with two awards - The Mid-career Rising Star award and the Lifetime achievement award. Details of awards given in a previous edition of AUV can be found here and here. If you wish to nominate yourself or another deserving candidate for the award, fill up this simple form.
Site visit to TCOMS Ocean Basin facility
We will be conducting a site visit to the TCOMS Ocean Basin facility for attendees of the AUV Symposium 2022. The visit will be conducted on 21st September. The TCOMS Ocean Basin opened in August 2022 is a next-generation facility, equipped with state-of-the-art wave and current generation systems, capable of simulating challenging real-world scenarios for offshore and coastal environments. It is 60x48x12 m basin with a 50 m deep hole that can be used to simulate shallow and deep ocean environments (more details here). Please register your interest to be a part of the visit at this form.